Dust Jackets (Second Printing)

zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dust Jackets (Second Printing)

Post by zemming » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:52 pm

I would like to thank WhatPayne & Dragmaister, and L9OBL for their work designing dust jackets for the second printing. We were pretty evenly split between the two designs, so if you would like to print L9OBL's dust jackets, or want to design your own, here's what you need to know.

Just so you don't have to download them to see what they look like, here are screenshots of the dust jackets. The first set is WhatPayne & Dragmaister's design, the second set is L9OBL's design.

I personally have not printed the jackets, so I can't really tell you how to go about that. There's plenty of info around the forums though. If you are here for copies of WhatPayne's dust jackets that came with the books, we do have some extra which probably are a lot cheaper than printing them yourself. If you're interested just send us an email at FOEPrintProject@gmail.com and we'll see what we can work out.

Here's the dimensions for designing your own dust jackets:

All edges should have 1/8" bleeds to make your life easy. (Basically you make it bigger than needed, then cut off a little bit so the edges are nice and crisp instead of trying to printing it exactly).

Dimensions are as follows:
Book One:
Layout with 0.125" bleeds on all sides: 20.56" x 9.5" (remember, that's with 1/8" bleeds. Once it's printed, you'll trim off 1/8" from all sides bringing it to the trim size)
Trim Size: 20.31" x 9.25"
Spine Size: 1.56" x 9.25"

Book Two:
Layout with .125" bleed on all sides: 20.6875" x 9.5"
Trim Size: 20.4375" x 9.25"
Spine Size: 1.6875" x 9.25"

The covers are 6.125" wide.
The flaps are 3" trimmed.
There is a 0.125" gap between the cover and flap where it folds over. You can print here, but remember that it'll be on the edge of the covers. If you're doing hard breaks along the folds (like we did), you'll likely want to keep this space the same background as the covers, then transition to the hard break on the flap.

Other than that, if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. If you design your own set of jackets, post them here so we can see them :twilightsmile:
Attachments
WhatPayne Dust Jackets 20140523.zip
(87.35 MiB) Downloaded 1139 times
L9OBL Dust Jackets 20140514.zip
(89.28 MiB) Downloaded 1130 times
Last edited by zemming on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Restored DJ Files. Old DL count: WhatPayne: 501 L9OBL: 414

Worldenterer

Re: Dust Jackets (Second Printing)

Post by Worldenterer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:36 am

So what kind of paper am I to print these on, and where do I get it?
“I would fight to make that bright and innocent past our future once again. Even if it means dashing myself against the evil and cruelty of this wasteland until there is nothing left of me. And then, when I am too broken to go on, I will float my dying body right down the throat of the darkness and make it choke on me.”
– Fallout: Equestria, Chapter 33

Silver Scroll
Pink Eyes First Printing
Pink Eyes First Printing

Post by Silver Scroll » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:54 am

Just so you know, the downloads given here are corrupt (unexpected end of archive). Same problem as with the book pdfs?

zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zemming » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Silver Scroll wrote:Same problem as with the book pdfs?
Yup :applejackunsure:

zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zemming » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:17 pm

Dust Jacket files should be back up if someone wants to download them to check.

Silver Scroll
Pink Eyes First Printing
Pink Eyes First Printing

Post by Silver Scroll » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:25 am

Compressed (zipped) Folders Error

The Compressed (zipped) Folder "C:\Users\calme_000\Dropbox\large\FoE Dust Jackets\WhatPayne Dust Jackets 20140523.zip" is invalid.
C:\Users\calme_000\Dropbox\large\FoE Dust Jackets\WhatPayne Dust Jackets 20140523.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.
I'll try redownloading it, but on the first try neither Windows Explorer nor WinRAR are cutting it. Sorry.

Edit: Of course it doesn't work. The downloaded file (second try) only has 17.4 MB. Attempting alternate downloader (1st & 2nd try were standard Firefox downloader).
Edit2: Download fails using DownThemAll under Firefox. Size mismatch error.
Edit3: Download in IE gives a file that's 20.9 MB. I'm going to give up for now and let somepony else have a go.

zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zemming » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Hmm. Seems to be working correctly now. Both download as the correct size and extract just fine.

Silver Scroll
Pink Eyes First Printing
Pink Eyes First Printing

Post by Silver Scroll » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:35 am

Confirmed to download and extract beautifully now. Whatever you did, if you did anything, thank you. (Though if my order goes through I might not be needing these after all. I can only hope!)

zeldapunkgrrl

Post by zeldapunkgrrl » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:04 pm

The files seem to be corrupt. Does anyone still have these and can reupload them, or know of a mirror?

anamaria

Post by anamaria » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:54 am

2nd comment close to 1st D: cool though im making book called "the three cowboys"