MN7 - Books Shipping!

Ultharian Pony

Re: MN7 - Books Shipping!

Postby Ultharian Pony » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:15 am

Hey, Zemming? Would it be possible to get the source/product number for the ink/paper used on the dust jacket? I'd like to make a matching box for the book to slide into (the way a lot of old hardcovers came) to help protect it when I'm not reading it, and it'd be super-sweet if I could get matching paper to cover the box in. It's a very, very distinctive deep near-black green and I'm having a hell of a time trying to find anything that looks like a match!

ickda

Postby ickda » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:07 am

Sorta of hoping for invoice soon, the new week has started, so pumped.

Spoilers

I had to stop reading after the master took hold poor murky, abound by his friends, his Idole villoniosed on air. After all he went through, that broke me. I could not read one more page, this will be my chance to finish his story.

zemming
Global Moderator

Postby zemming » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Ultharian Pony wrote:Hey, Zemming? Would it be possible to get the source/product number for the ink/paper used on the dust jacket? I'd like to make a matching box for the book to slide into (the way a lot of old hardcovers came) to help protect it when I'm not reading it, and it'd be super-sweet if I could get matching paper to cover the box in. It's a very, very distinctive deep near-black green and I'm having a hell of a time trying to find anything that looks like a match!

>to help protect it when I'm not reading it
Like, some kind of jacket for the book, maybe to keep the dust off? :twilightsheepish:

Unfortunately there's not really a standard product number or anything, the dust jackets are custom made for the book. But the material itself is just regular paper with a matte film.

If there's a local printing house nearby you, I'd bring them your copy of murky and see if they can print off a sheet or two colormatched to the cover. Or if you have a color printer at home you could trial and error until you get close. Then just have a 'poster' printed with nothing but the solid color. That'd give you enough paper for your slip case idea.

Ultharian Pony

Postby Ultharian Pony » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:16 am

zemming wrote:>to help protect it when I'm not reading it
Like, some kind of jacket for the book, maybe to keep the dust off? :twilightsheepish:

Well, as massy as this is, I want something supporting the open side and keeping it bound in a block so there's less distortion on the spine when it's standing up on the shelf. Less about dust, more about structural integrity.

zemming wrote:Unfortunately there's not really a standard product number or anything, the dust jackets are custom made for the book. But the material itself is just regular paper with a matte film.

If there's a local printing house nearby you, I'd bring them your copy of murky and see if they can print off a sheet or two colormatched to the cover. Or if you have a color printer at home you could trial and error until you get close. Then just have a 'poster' printed with nothing but the solid color. That'd give you enough paper for your slip case idea.

All excellent ideas! Thanks! Probably take me a while to get around to, but If I'm happy enough with how it looks I might post it here.

ickda

Postby ickda » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:01 am

Frankly books this big should have a clasp to keep em close, like they did back in the day. For that resion.

ickda

Postby ickda » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:49 am

So when are they getting shipped? Its the new week....

ickda

Postby ickda » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:44 am

I never got a shipping invoice. But it showed up at my door, and good god this things huge.
Its beautiful and everything I expected.

zemming
Global Moderator

Postby zemming » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:38 pm

The first batch of books were shipped out the 19th. But it seems the 'send everyone their tracking numbers' option was turned off. whoops.

So US-orders should be getting tracking numbers soon.
International orders I have to send out tracking numbers manually. So your books have shipped, but it'll take me a bit to get the int'l tracking emailed out.

ickda

Postby ickda » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:34 pm

I am dying inside, Just got my tracking number, with my book. Lmao.

Thank you so much for this opportunity to hold this book. It's wonderful. Thanks. ^_^

Heather_Trails
Pink Eyes First Printing

Postby Heather_Trails » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:27 pm

I got my reserve list copy of Murky... It looks beautiful but HOLY CELESTIA I did not realize how thick this book was going to be. Looks like I've got some reading to do. Thank you!

Return to “Project News”