1st printing of project horizons and 2nd printing of murky.

ickda

1st printing of project horizons and 2nd printing of murky.

Post by ickda » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:13 pm

So due to the massive size of a the books, horizons especially, We need to start using old school methods of binding. Well not binding persay.

Back in the day when books were handmade, they would balloon out, and the spin would break down. so the would put a front clasp on it to help with the strain, I can't help but feel at about 3000 plus pages, this will very much be needed, I feel it's sorta needed for murky, The amount of spine flex on it, like if you lay it on a table, closed, and touch the cover, the whole top part moves almost a full inch.

Nevermind handling it and or taking it with you to places, so you could kill time. A front clasp, specily a nice sturdy one, about a inch or two wide would help tremendously.

:bwalk: :lwalk:

visual representation of horizon.
Attachments
webcam-toy-photo3.jpg

zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 1st printing of project horizons and 2nd printing of murky.

Post by zemming » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:05 pm

Huh, almost like one of the reasons we printed MN7 first was to get a handle on what to expect with books far beyond the normal thickness. And almost like one of the improvements on the 4th edition specifically included spine rounding to better set the text block into the spine to help prevent some of the strain the normal binding has.

A clasp would be an interesting approach though, it's definitely a unique idea.

ickda

Post by ickda » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:02 pm

love the project. Glade you find it interesting.

Hope it helps in the making of the next great tomb.

also, I got to go stair at my copies cuz apparently the spin is done differently from lilpip, to murk. Neet factoid.

zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zemming » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:26 pm

ickda wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:02 pm
love the project. Glade you find it interesting.
Thanks for supporting the project! :twilightsmile:
ickda wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:02 pm
also, I got to go stair at my copies cuz apparently the spin is done differently from lilpip, to murk. Neet factoid.
I admittedly was hoping the end result would be more pronounced, but if you look close you can see it especially compared to the 3rd edition. It's one of those technical things that was just too obscure to bring up in any of the announcements. Stuff like that is one reason we made the patreon, so we have a place to dive into random tidibts without just clogging up the main page here. People already complain it's too hard to keep track of new info, lol.

ickda

Post by ickda » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:33 pm

Huh, I must the odd one out then, I do not find the front page that bad. >_>

But it makes cents. stay safe.