Possible Printing Someday?

sxebrony
Pink Eyes First Printing
Pink Eyes First Printing

Re: Possible Printing Someday?

Post by sxebrony » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:34 pm

Wht wrote:Murky is done? Geebus, I need to check back on it! It's been... what, 13 months since I last read it.
Huh, how'd I miss that? You'd think that would have gotten more attention :pipshrug: . I guess I'll finally start reading it now (at least, once I finish the book I'm currently reading).

Urbancommando

Post by Urbancommando » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:17 pm

I'd say PH should be printed first since it was finished first, but either way, the project managers will need some down time until the next printing of ANY book, hopefully not over a year and a half like between pink eyes and 3rd print, but hey, it's what 1.7, 1.8 million words? (i only read the original copy from Gdocs) Just dont keep us hanging too long.

fizzlefist

Post by fizzlefist » Sun May 07, 2017 10:52 am

The count on FIMfiction, which I believe Somber called the official final version, comes in at 1,781,141 words.

Whew!

My credit card is standing by for whenever the project folks are up to tackling this beast. :)

Stormlion1

Post by Stormlion1 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:54 am

I figure five books using the Second Printing as a guide, maybe six. And hopefully its next in qeue to be printed. Horizons needs to be done soonest!

Brain

Post by Brain » Sat May 13, 2017 1:19 pm

Prolly would go bible paper route because its so long, and do you know the shipping for 10 volumes or how long it'd take to print? Prolly why each year they reduced the volumes and they still needed volunteers to help pack. Kudos to them btw. And yeah I hope Horizons is next.

Winds Requiem

Post by Winds Requiem » Sat May 13, 2017 6:33 pm

I fully support a printing of Horizons
:bwalk: :gwalk: :rwalk:
Id do anything I could to help make it happen.

PLEASE make it happen...

:applecry: :scootangel:

Heather_Trails
Pink Eyes First Printing
Pink Eyes First Printing

Post by Heather_Trails » Sun May 14, 2017 4:43 am

Brain wrote:Prolly would go bible paper route because its so long, and do you know the shipping for 10 volumes or how long it'd take to print? Prolly why each year they reduced the volumes and they still needed volunteers to help pack. Kudos to them btw. And yeah I hope Horizons is next.
I don't think they'd do bible paper for the first printing of PH. I think they would do a multiple book set for the first printing, at least. I think the bible FOE was supposed to be something special.

Stormlion1

Post by Stormlion1 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:22 am

Bible route would probably be more expensive than standard printing. And while its long in chapters (78) each is on average around 30-40 pages. Lets make it 40 pages which is far more than needed. That's 3120 pages long. Second Printing was 700 pages long in each of the two books. We could reduce page count to just over 600 pages per book and do it in five books easily.

Winds Requiem

Post by Winds Requiem » Sun May 14, 2017 6:04 am

The original project horizons google doc has the book separated into seperate arcs of the story. Wouldnt that be a perfect dividing point for a multi volume edition of printing?

Heather_Trails
Pink Eyes First Printing
Pink Eyes First Printing

Post by Heather_Trails » Sun May 14, 2017 6:36 am

Winds Requiem wrote:The original project horizons google doc has the book separated into seperate arcs of the story. Wouldnt that be a perfect dividing point for a multi volume edition of printing?
How many arcs are there? The thing is massive. I don't want, like, 12 books or something cause there are so many arcs.