Fallout: Equestria 3rd printing - Signups Open!

zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Fallout: Equestria 3rd printing - Signups Open!

Post by zemming » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:04 pm

jardex22 wrote:According to the FAQ (which I now bothered to read), it'll be about 1.6 inches thick. That's not too bad. Mainly because it's going to be printed on Bible paper, which is about as thick as tissue paper.
The paper we're using is actually on the thicker side of what people know as 'Bible paper.' We thought about going with the even thinner stuff, but then the books would only be like an inch thick.

While that'd be cool, it's a little smaller than what we're aiming for.

Heather_Trails
Pink Eyes First Printing
Pink Eyes First Printing

Post by Heather_Trails » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:11 am

First it was 5 books, then it was 3 books and now it's 1. That's pretty neat. But I can't help but think that if I get this, I'm going to rip the pages just by the sheer fact that they're going to be super skinny and near tissue paper level of destructible... The book sounds awesome and I do want it, but...

How thick is this going to be with pages that skinny?

StarStrider57

Post by StarStrider57 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:13 am

zemming wrote:
jardex22 wrote:According to the FAQ (which I now bothered to read), it'll be about 1.6 inches thick. That's not too bad. Mainly because it's going to be printed on Bible paper, which is about as thick as tissue paper.
The paper we're using is actually on the thicker side of what people know as 'Bible paper.' We thought about going with the even thinner stuff, but then the books would only be like an inch thick.

While that'd be cool, it's a little smaller than what we're aiming for.
I'm super hype for the printing! I've been checking the site every few days waiting for an update. Everything sounds amazing about it.. except the bible paper. I really don't care for that stuff, it tears easy and it's a pain to turn, I always end up turning 3 pages and have to go back and pull the pages apart to get to the one I want.. Disappointed, but I'm still excited! Going to pick up a copy for sure!

On a side note, I really hope you go with regular paper when you get around to Project Horizons! I'm even more excited for that printing, Blackjack is best pony after all! :bwalk:

zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zemming » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:41 pm

Heather_Trails wrote:First it was 5 books, then it was 3 books and now it's 1. That's pretty neat. But I can't help but think that if I get this, I'm going to rip the pages just by the sheer fact that they're going to be super skinny and near tissue paper level of destructible... The book sounds awesome and I do want it, but...
How thick is this going to be with pages that skinny?
The paper we're using is actually on the thicker side of what people know as 'Bible paper.' The book itself will be about 1.6" thick.

Friedchiken777

Post by Friedchiken777 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:54 pm

ShadowOfDeath wrote: They mention in the Question Thread that they don't have an automated e-mail confirmation set up.
Thanks, guess I should have been more thorough :twilightblush:
zemming wrote: If you see the "Thanks for filling out the form" after you click submit, you should be fine. We're working on getting automated email confirmations up, but it's not retroactive. If you're really concerned you can always send us an email and we'll check manually.
I did get to the "Thanks for filling the form" screen (again, more than once...) so I'm sure it went through. I wouldn't want to add work for you by also sending you an email. Thanks for the response :twilightsmile:

TheAshenKnight

Post by TheAshenKnight » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:53 pm

Excellent! Finally in time for a printing and I have the funds. Wish either of those were true with the first printing. x]

The FAQ says it estimates about 1-2 months for production and shipping. Can we assume this is relatively close to the January 8th date (and therefore likely, at earliest, sometime mid February)? I'm moving in between now and near the end of January, and would like to verify which address to use.

zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zemming » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:19 am

TheAshenKnight wrote:The FAQ says it estimates about 1-2 months for production and shipping. Can we assume this is relatively close to the January 8th date (and therefore likely, at earliest, sometime mid February)? I'm moving in between now and near the end of January, and would like to verify which address to use.
After the 8th we'll get new quotes, then start taking payments. Once everyone has paid we can pay the manufacture. From there production and shipping (to us) will take 1-2 months, then probably another week or two for us to get the books shipped out to you guys.

So I would definitely put your new address down.

Heather_Trails
Pink Eyes First Printing
Pink Eyes First Printing

Post by Heather_Trails » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:16 pm

I hope the pages feel smooth rather than rough. Thanks for answering my other question, though!

dragonblue900

Post by dragonblue900 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:13 am

wow!It's so good to hear the news!Then how to pay for it?

coolguy10221
Pink Eyes First Printing
Pink Eyes First Printing

Post by coolguy10221 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:14 am

dragonblue900 wrote:wow!It's so good to hear the news!Then how to pay for it?
Click on the link in the first post on this thread and fill out the form, they will send an invoice through email when they are ready to accept payments for books.