Pink Eyes Printing

zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Pink Eyes Printing

Post by zemming » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:57 pm

Hey everyone!
It is my pleasure to announce that we will be printing Mimezinga's Fallout Equestria Pink Eyes!

One of the main five Fallout stories, Pink Eyes tells the story of the filly Puppysmiles as she journeys through the ravaged wasteland, 200 years after the bombs fell, in search for her mother. Throughout her journey, Puppy brings a touch of innocence to all the ponies rebuilding and scavenging in the hostile wasteland.

This project is supported entirely by Fallout fans (that's you!), so the process is a bit different than what you might be used to. Put simply, everyone signs up first, we then request quotes for all the books needed, and we divide the total across everyone who signed up. Next we'll send out invoices and after everyone pays we can start printing books. A few weeks later when they're all finished, we pack them up and ship them out to everyone!

If you have any questions about the project, you should check out the FAQ, which goes into a bit more detail than this post. Or feel free to send us an email at FoEPrintProject@gmail.com.

The books themselves will be dark green hardcovers with a foil-stamped title and spine. They'll be printed on 5.25"x8" paper and should look right at home on your bookshelf especially next to the larger FoE books.

As for the cost, our estimates are based off around 500 people signing up, but the final cost will likely change a little bit depending on how many people actually sign up.

Each book will be about $25 USD
Shipping will be about $6 for the US, $20 USD for Canada, and about $25 USD for everywhere else.

To be clear, you do not need to pay until we send out invoices shortly after signups close. (Though you really should have the money set aside anyway :twilightsmile: )

So without further ado, go ahead and signup at http://goo.gl/L6OWcq

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, post 'em here, hop onto the IRC channel, or email FOEPrintProject@gmail.com. I personally can be reached at zemming@zemming.org (but really, most stuff should be sent to the project email, not straight to me).

Queen of the Spectra

Re: Pink Eyes Printing

Post by Queen of the Spectra » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:24 pm

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod yes!!! I love this story! This is fantastic!

Aaron21244

Post by Aaron21244 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm

Glad you guys could fit in another round of printing! Thanks so much for all the effort ya'll put into these projects.

sxebrony
Pink Eyes First Printing
Pink Eyes First Printing

Post by sxebrony » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:06 pm

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! :pinkiebounce:

Count me in.

fizzlefist

Post by fizzlefist » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Sweet! Signed up.

Jusey1

Post by Jusey1 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:16 pm

I don't have money around this time or at least currently. How long will sign-up last? I mig't be interested...

zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zemming » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:55 pm

Jusey1 wrote:I don't have money around this time or at least currently. How long will sign-up last? I mig't be interested...
Signups will be open through February 22nd. After that we'll probably open a waitlist like we did for the FoE printing. :twilightsmile:

And you don't have to pay when you sign up. Invoices will be sent out shortly after signups close.

Filupio

Post by Filupio » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:59 pm

I checked my email for a second, and my eyes widened and now I have to explain why theres gonna be another dark green hardcover book on my shelf. I'm excited, haven't read the story yet so I'm excited to wait. I'm gonna be so broke when Project Horizons gets a printing. Pink Eyes is a welcome surprise though! :D :ajsmug: :pinkiebounce:

Major_Mike

Post by Major_Mike » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:03 pm

I haven't read Pink Eyes yet, but I'd definitely love to read it the same way that I've been reading the original story- through a book :twilightsmile: Count me in! *signs up*

Skottyboy

Post by Skottyboy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:43 pm

Few fast questions before I sign up:

Will there be dust covers or will that be up in the air until the last moment like the last printing was?
Not that it would be super bad, It would just look a little better next to my other two books.(Also it would be a little annoying to get any separately.)

I also assume this is a one book print because of the relatively short length of the story?

Guess my last question would be that since its all based on 500 people ordering, what would you say is the odds that goal will be met? I can pay for it even if it goes up from what the thing says, but I'm getting ready to head off to college this next year so I gotta make sure what I'm budgeting for.

Thanks!
~Skot
Victory favors the innovative, And destruction favors the unwise.