Nuka-Cola/Sparkle-Cola

Worldenterer

Nuka-Cola/Sparkle-Cola

Post by Worldenterer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:04 pm

The purpose to this thread is to post and talk about any cool Fallout and Pony related things you own or made. Have fun! :pinkiebounce:

So, yeah. I made the glowing ones by removing the painted on labels with a razor blade. It's difficult to do, and required me to push down with all my weight to scrape off the paint. Once you have a clean bottle with nothing on it, wash it out really good. You need to make sure no bacteria is gonna be growing in there. Then you should get some tonic water, or Mountain Dew "White Out" (What I used for Quartz) and fill up to where you want. Then you add food coloring to make it the concentration you need. After that, you get a colored cap from another drink. I used a pepsi cap for the quantum, a fanta cap for the quartz, and a normal cap for the victory. Put some strong cement like shoe-goo around the bottom of the cap and press it on REALLY good. After that, you need to buy some sticker paper, and print out the label of the drink onto it. It's super important to get the scaling right. Then you need to make sure the bottle is fully dry before applying the label to the sides and cap. For the light, you need these things called "Dot-it" lights. I got mine at Home Depot. You take a sharpie in the color of the drink and cover the bulb part, which is a rubbery material. When that's done, you place the bottle on the light and it glows! :pinkiebounce:
(My room was primarily lit by these as I listened!) :pinkiehappy:
“I would fight to make that bright and innocent past our future once again. Even if it means dashing myself against the evil and cruelty of this wasteland until there is nothing left of me. And then, when I am too broken to go on, I will float my dying body right down the throat of the darkness and make it choke on me.”
– Fallout: Equestria, Chapter 33

sorathecrow

Re: Nuka-Cola/Sparkle-Cola

Post by sorathecrow » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:03 pm

That is so neat. Thanks for sharing the pics!

( :rainbowkiss: Vinyl figurine :rainbowkiss: )

Worldenterer

Post by Worldenterer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:16 pm

:rainbowkiss:
“I would fight to make that bright and innocent past our future once again. Even if it means dashing myself against the evil and cruelty of this wasteland until there is nothing left of me. And then, when I am too broken to go on, I will float my dying body right down the throat of the darkness and make it choke on me.”

NinjaShade

Post by NinjaShade » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:50 pm

I used a blacklight, which reacts to the Quinine in the tonic water to get that glowing effect. Because, you know... science, and stuff :twilightblush: .

It really is a lot more work than you'd think, but it's pretty fun to make these! Those Mexican Coke bottles definitely look the best for it, in my opinion :raritywink: .

Awesome share Worldenterer! Thanks for the little walk through :pinkiehappy: .

Worldenterer

Post by Worldenterer » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Wow ninja! Yours looks way more badass and sciencey than mine! :rainbowlaugh:
I'm glad I was able to help with my tutorial.
Nice work!

NinjaShade

Post by NinjaShade » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:42 pm

Worldenterer wrote:Wow ninja! Yours looks way more badass and sciencey than mine! :rainbowlaugh:
I'm glad I was able to help with my tutorial.
Nice work!

Thanks, World! And truth be told, I might have used a little Photoshop fudgery to make those colors pop. :raritywink:
Yours are freaking killer!

I also didn't have any shoe-goo for the Quantum, so improvised and cut a wine cork down to size so it wouldn't be visible in the bottleneck and snapped on a twist-off over it.

Worldenterer

Post by Worldenterer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:02 am

NinjaShade wrote: Thanks, World! And truth be told, I might have used a little Photoshop fudgery to make those colors pop. :raritywink:
Yours are freaking killer!

I also didn't have any shoe-goo for the Quantum, so improvised and cut a wine cork down to size so it wouldn't be visible in the bottleneck and snapped on a twist-off over it.
[/color]
Thanks man! I think the guns, caps, money, and mintals add to it. :raritywink:
But yeah, that's good thinking with the cork. However, it's not gonna last forever. Shoegoo is much more permanent. :twilightsmile:
And photoshop? tsk tsk tsk :rainbowlaugh:
Regardless, it looks amazing. Great work!

The Last Bottlecap
Pink Eyes First Printing
Pink Eyes First Printing

Post by The Last Bottlecap » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:06 pm

I finally found a capped bottle in shop (damn you, Polish economy! :twilightangry2: ) and guess what? We have only one flavor of Mountain Dew here (not White Out), and I don't have any idea how tonic water's called in Polish, so I can't even google search where I can get it (all I get are tonics for skin care). :flutterrage:

Any ideas about what can I use instead? Maybe playing 'lil' chemist' with hydrogen pyroxide or something? I was really looking forward to illuminating my room like that.

EDIT: Okay, no playing with hydrogen pyroxide, quinine is hard to dissolve in H2O. I need acid or oil for that.
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
John Lennon

Aka. Loretokartakan.