Pink Eyes Printing - Questions Thread

mrc0mmand
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Pink Eyes Printing - Questions Thread

Post by mrc0mmand » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:07 am

loucanscale wrote:i just received two of the automated e-mails telling me that i signed up for the new book project is this normal or have i some how signed up for two copies of the book.

i'd just like to point out that i only filled out one form, before the obvious question is asked.
For some weird reason it sometimes happens you get two instead of one confirmation e-mails. Nevertheless, I checked our database and you indeed filled the form only once. :twilightsmile:

(If this will happen to someone else and they'd like to make sure they filled the signup form only once, feel free to PM me your e-mail and I'll check it out!)
If you have any question or problem feel free to visit our IRC channel or just send us an e-mail to FOEPrintProject@gmail.com!

zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zemming » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:34 pm

Arcane_Scroll wrote:I recommend using those for any online purchase. It gives you a line of defense between your bank account and the internet. The Walmart money cards are awesome, cheap, work as a Visa card, and accept direct deposit and tax refunds. You don't even need a bank to have one, I told the banks to f*** off years ago and switched to these. Don't want direct deposit? Just add the money, for free, at any Walmart register. If some website steals your card number, the most they can do is take what you happen to have on it at the time. That right there has saved my butt a couple times now
  • Credit Unions are typically better than banks, and have far more protections (legal and otherwise) over your money than a WalMart money card.
  • Credit cards have far more protections (legal and otherwise) over your money than a WalMart money card.
  • Credit cards are easy to apply for and as long as you pay your balance before it's due, you don't pay interest.
  • If someone steals your card number, your card provider will refund you everything instead of losing everything loaded on a WalMart money card
Please please please check out the personal finance subreddit and read through their FAQ.

No one solution is the best for everyone, but understanding your personal finances and what solutions are out there that are the best for your situation is something everyone should invest time figuring out.

Arcane_Scroll
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Arcane_Scroll » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:31 pm

zemming wrote:
Arcane_Scroll wrote:I recommend using those for any online purchase. It gives you a line of defense between your bank account and the internet. The Walmart money cards are awesome, cheap, work as a Visa card, and accept direct deposit and tax refunds. You don't even need a bank to have one, I told the banks to f*** off years ago and switched to these. Don't want direct deposit? Just add the money, for free, at any Walmart register. If some website steals your card number, the most they can do is take what you happen to have on it at the time. That right there has saved my butt a couple times now
  • Credit Unions are typically better than banks, and have far more protections (legal and otherwise) over your money than a WalMart money card.
  • Credit cards have far more protections (legal and otherwise) over your money than a WalMart money card.
  • Credit cards are easy to apply for and as long as you pay your balance before it's due, you don't pay interest.
  • If someone steals your card number, your card provider will refund you everything instead of losing everything loaded on a WalMart money card
Please please please check out the personal finance subreddit and read through their FAQ.

No one solution is the best for everyone, but understanding your personal finances and what solutions are out there that are the best for your situation is something everyone should invest time figuring out.
Only keep as much as you need on your card. There is no reason to keep all your funds in a single place. Multiple cards, multiple companies, spread out evenly, lessen the risks. Only put what you need on your spending card. Someone steals that card, big whoop, they get a few bucks, a text message sent to me stating the time and location of the purchase, a cop sent to check footage, and some jail time. All I'm out is a few days lunch money.

If you happen to over spend on a credit union/bank card, expect to be hit with absurd fees for every single transaction. I have been hit with a $25 fee four times in a single day just using my credit union card in a soda machine because it would still go through despite the lack of funds. What happens when I try that with my Walmart card? Nothing, because the funds aren't there. If credit unions and banks would stop being so sleazy with their money grabbing then maybe I would start using them again. But as it stands, every credit union and bank will go out of their way to not only hide disgraceful money grab practices from their customers, but will constantly come up with new tricks.

Valeriu

Post by Valeriu » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:09 pm

Will shipping to an FPO-AE be an issue?

starknight79

Post by starknight79 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:47 pm

Hi, so I tried signing up for the pink eyes printing but since I signed up for it on mobile I'm not sure if it took when I filled out the form a few weeks ago. Is there any way to verify if I'm on the list or not before it's finalized :pipshrug: ?

mrc0mmand
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mrc0mmand » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:25 am

starknight79 wrote:Hi, so I tried signing up for the pink eyes printing but since I signed up for it on mobile I'm not sure if it took when I filled out the form a few weeks ago. Is there any way to verify if I'm on the list or not before it's finalized :pipshrug: ?
You can use our bot SpikeBot on #FalloutEquestriaBook@Canternet with .check your@email.tld command or just PM me your e-mail and I'll check if we got your signup. :twilightsmile:
If you have any question or problem feel free to visit our IRC channel or just send us an e-mail to FOEPrintProject@gmail.com!

zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zemming » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:27 pm

Valeriu wrote:Will shipping to an FPO-AE be an issue?
Other that being really slow, that shouldn't be an issue since as far as USPS is concerned it's treated like any other US address.

GoldfishGam3r

Post by GoldfishGam3r » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:28 pm

I said in my form that I wanted to pay with PayPal, but if that really isn't an option, I can cay with credit card. Should I change my order?

zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zemming » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:29 pm

GoldfishGam3r wrote:I said in my form that I wanted to pay with PayPal, but if that really isn't an option, I can cay with credit card. Should I change my order?
A credit card will be the best way to pay. I went ahead and changed for you :twilightsmile:

G-man64
Fallout: Equestria First Printing
Fallout: Equestria First Printing

Post by G-man64 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:59 pm

So, there any clue when we'll be paying yet?