Second Printing Questions Thread

User avatar
DyerMasterOfDarkness
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 2:16 am
Location: Northridge,CA

Re: Second Printing Questions Thread

Post by DyerMasterOfDarkness » Mon May 05, 2014 7:59 pm

What does best pony mean for the book? :pipshrug: I.e. "You have chosen Kkat as best pony"
I chose Kkat for best pony. What will it do for the book? :bjshrug:
:rainbowderp: Or is it a secret? :pinkiegasp:
Dyer Master of Darkness

User avatar
zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:50 am
Location: Mid-Michigan

Re: Second Printing Questions Thread

Post by zemming » Mon May 05, 2014 8:08 pm

DyerMasterOfDarkness wrote:What does best pony mean for the book? :pipshrug: I.e. "You have chosen Kkat as best pony"
I chose Kkat for best pony. What will it do for the book? :pinkiegasp:
:rainbowderp: Or is it a secret? :rainbowderp:
:rainbowderp: It's a secret :pinkiecrazy:


It doesn't have an effect on the book. It's mainly just a way for you to verify we read the correct line when giving order confirmations. (since that way people can confirm with just an email, and not need an email + name or whatnot)

User avatar
DyerMasterOfDarkness
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 2:16 am
Location: Northridge,CA

Re: Second Printing Questions Thread

Post by DyerMasterOfDarkness » Mon May 05, 2014 9:39 pm

I don't know if anyone is said this before about the dust jackets, but if one of your artists would like to step up to the challenge? :pipshrug: A "The Black Book" dustcover? I know that might be a little grim and the story does not necessarily have to be represented by a book that was made by crazy necromancy zebra spells that can tear out a person's soul and into tiny little pieces. ( :raritycry: 43 :raritycry: she kept a piece for herself ) But it's just a thought.

:lwalk: Littlepip: You do remember what happened to the last person who requested such a book, don't you? Sigh I miss SteelHooves.
:cwalk: Calamity: Aeyup. Takes off hats
:bwalk: Blackjack: Of course I remember, I was still freaking outside when it happened!Sigh I miss Lacunae holds up a bottle of Wild Pegasus
Dyer Master of Darkness

User avatar
zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:50 am
Location: Mid-Michigan

Re: Second Printing Questions Thread

Post by zemming » Mon May 05, 2014 9:52 pm

DyerMasterOfDarkness wrote:I don't know if anyone is said this before about the dust jackets, but if one of your artists would like to step up to the challenge? :pipshrug: A "The Black Book" dustcover? I know that might be a little grim and the story does not necessarily have to be represented by a book that was made by crazy necromancy zebra spells that can tear out a person's soul and into tiny little pieces. ( :raritycry: 43 :raritycry: she kept a piece for herself ) But it's just a thought.
They're not our artists. Generally dusk jackets have been made by the community artists.
As stated earlier, if you are an artist intending to make new dusk jackets, please email us :twilightsmile:

User avatar
Nerevar
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:56 am

Re: Second Printing Questions Thread

Post by Nerevar » Tue May 06, 2014 3:50 pm

So when and where do we actually pay for our copies? I saw mention of May 9th, but there's been no directions other than that.

yetanothername
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Re: Second Printing Questions Thread

Post by yetanothername » Tue May 06, 2014 4:18 pm

Nerevar wrote:So when and where do we actually pay for our copies? I saw mention of May 9th, but there's been no directions other than that.
You will be receiving an email (to the email address you signed up with) directing you to a webpage where you can pay us.

jardex22
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:37 pm

Re: Second Printing Questions Thread

Post by jardex22 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:18 pm

It was mentioned in another thread that about 1200 books would be printed. I was just wondering if each one was going to have it's own number printed somewhere on it (#497 out of 1200 prints)?

User avatar
zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:50 am
Location: Mid-Michigan

Re: Second Printing Questions Thread

Post by zemming » Mon May 12, 2014 10:08 am

jardex22 wrote:It was mentioned in another thread that about 1200 books would be printed. I was just wondering if each one was going to have it's own number printed somewhere on it (#497 out of 1200 prints)?
We're not serializing the books. We thought about it, but it would be a small nightmare trying to match each Book One with the matching Book Two.

LightningFlicker
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Re: Second Printing Questions Thread

Post by LightningFlicker » Mon May 12, 2014 6:12 pm

Hello, yes, hi. I am very.. I guess you could say sad, upset with myself :fluttercry: , and other stuff. I have been on the Xbox and just the Xbox for quite a while. :pipshrug: That being said, i COMPLETELY missed this second printing. I also missed the first, but thats a different story. Anyways, i just found out about this today, Monday, May 12, 2014. Anyway, if possible, as soon as there is, or if there is, a third printing, I do NOT want to miss out AGAIN. So if possible, if or when there is a third printing happens, can someone PLEASE notify me at my email: [redacted]. If you took the time to read this, thank you. :lwalk:

User avatar
zemming
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:50 am
Location: Mid-Michigan

Re: Second Printing Questions Thread

Post by zemming » Mon May 12, 2014 6:15 pm

LightningFlicker wrote:Hello, yes, hi. I am very.. I guess you could say sad, upset with myself :fluttercry: , and other stuff. I have been on the Xbox and just the Xbox for quite a while. :pipshrug: That being said, i COMPLETELY missed this second printing. I also missed the first, but thats a different story. Anyways, i just found out about this today, Monday, May 12, 2014. Anyway, if possible, as soon as there is, or if there is, a third printing, I do NOT want to miss out AGAIN. So if possible, if or when there is a third printing happens, can someone PLEASE notify me at my email: [redacted]. If you took the time to read this, thank you. :lwalk:
Hey there,
Sorry you missed the signups. Go ahead and put your name on the waitlist: http://goo.gl/HM6Hjn
There's a good chance a some people will drop from the signup list or won't pay. So if we have open spots, we'll give people on the waitlist an opportunity to purchase the books.

Post Reply